7.13.2007

cracked toes

ok. i wasn't even that drunk. a few dark beers. whatever. the door was really large and metal. i dunno. i opened it and somehow my foot got in the way. damn me for wearing sandals, but what's a girl to do. it's summer and i got a fancy pedicure. the pain. oh the pain!! skin peeled back on my 4th toe. i can ride this out, sure. well, no. john walks to the bar, i start feeling dizzy. hot and nauseous. crap, not again. i walk up the stairs to look for a place to sit but the bar is packed. i come down the stairs...and then, fuck. a crowd of dudes around me, i'm sitting on the floor missing a sandal. passed out. guys in my face. probably thinking i took too many pills or something. no, i'm just buzzed and my toe may be broken. "go outside," a manager type says. "can you get me a water?" i ask him and then walk back outside and make my way to the benches. water arrives and i explain myself and he disappears. i wait for john to reappear...at first it just looks like i scraped my toe, but it hurts like hell. today i can see it's something more because the whole toe and surrounding area are black and blue. i took a photo, but it's just to gross to exhibit. sneakers, ladies, sneakers...

No comments: