10.26.2007

the last moths...

there are still a few moths moving around in slow motion in my apartment. they're very easy to catch. one thing i don't understand is their affection for floating in pools of liquid. don't they know they can't swim? more than once i've found one in a pool of water in a bowl in my kitchen sink. it looks like it's dead, but you move the bowl or touch it, it moves. then i of course pour the contents out and down the drain, moth with it. this afternoon, one had landed in my cold cup of tea. i didn't see it since it matched the color of my milky tea. but then i pulled out the tea bag with my fingers and voila! delicious moth!

1 comment:

Drunk n Sailor said...

Once when I was younger I was walking on the beach alone in the middle of the night. It looked as though a ton of moths had drown themselves in the waves. They are drawn by the way light plays on water. Another example of how that which shines can kill.